Master Appliance heat guns are the Swiss-Army Knives of electric tools. Heat gun uses are unlimited, but to demonstrate how multitalented heat guns are, we compiled a list some of our favorite heat gun uses.
Typical Heat Gun Uses by Industry
- Paint stripping – When your wood’s paint job has seen better days, heat guns are great alternatives to using harsh chemicals to remove the paint. For more detailed instructions, visit our blog on using a heat gun for paint removal.
- Soften tile for easy cutting and forming – By running a heat gun on the backside of a vinyl tile, cutting and shaping the tile becomes a breeze.
- Drying paint or wet wood –The saying “time is money” couldn’t be truer. There is no reason to watch the paint dry with a heat gun present.
- Shaping and molding PVC – When you need to make PVC pliable, a heat gun does the job beautifully.
Loosen rusty bolts – Heat gun uses make our lives easier, and this application is no exception. Hot air is a miracle worker when it comes to rusty screw connections you can’t get undone.
- Shrink wrapping – Industrial heat guns have the power to shrink wrap a magnitude of products: gift baskets, pallets and more. Even boat lovers use heat guns to shrink wrap and winterize their boats.
- Remove old labeling –
- Fabricating interior panels – Often, Master Appliance heat guns are used during construction of airplane wings. Here you can see Monokote material being applied to an airplane wing with a Master Appliance heat gun.
Laboratories and Hospitals
- Sanitizing – The extremely high temperatures that heat guns reach make them the perfect tool for sanitizing.
- Heating liquids and gases – More great heat gun uses for laboratories include using the heat gun to create controlled and precise temperatures when heating gases and liquids.
- Removing wrinkles and repairing tears in vinyl and leather-Heat guns work wonders in repairing automotive upholstery. After watching this short video on vinyl repair with a heat gun, you, too can make vinyl repairs.
- Soften adhesives and remove decals– Perhaps you have a car that sports a decal that your not a fan of. Heat guns make removal of decals and stickers a cinch. Note: It’s also great at reversing and softening Liquid Nails.
- Apply or remove window tint – Use a heat gun to shrink tinting film evenly around the glass of your car.
- Restore faded plastics –Bring new life to old car parts like bumpers and door strips by quickly passing a heat gun over them.
Creative Heat Gun Uses
- Thaw a deep freezer – Deep freezers are not meant to have thick layers of ice build-up. Another one of the extremely handy heat gun uses is to thaw the ice with a heat gun and restore your deep freeze to proper working order.
- Roast Coffee- With a long day ahead of you, why not use a heat gun to brew a cup of Joe?
- Make crème brule, grilled cheese and other tasty foods –If you are on the work site and have no way to warm your food, a heat gun can be a lifesaver.
- Make works of art –Artists have created marvelous pieces with a heat gun. It can be used for many projects like bending plastics, jewelry, crafting and more.
There you have it: a short, but by no means complete list of the heat gun’s capabilities. If you know of more heat gun uses and applications please share them with us in the comments section.