Does your heat gun need a new heating element? Here is a step-by-step process on how to replace a heat gun element.
READ THESE INSTUCTIONS CAREFULLY! FAILURE TO EXACTLY FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGE YOUR HEAT GUN.
WARNING: If nozzle mounting screws are lost or damaged, replace only with the screws of same length or shorter. Use of longer screws can result in possible shock hazard.
Never point nozzle toward yourself when heat gun is running. Small pieces of mica may exit nozzle after element replacement which could cause severe eye irritation.
This element kit consists of 1 element, 1 mica insulator, 2 element lead nuts, 1 element anchoring screw and 1 mounting washer.
TO REMOVE OLD ELEMENT
1. NOTE: Disconnect heat gun power cord and allow the heat gun to cool before disassembly.
2. Remove three nozzle screws at the rear of the nozzle shield.
3. Gently pull nozzle shield from gun housing. Shield, nozzle and mica may come apart as one unit. If so, separate after removal being careful not to push in the nozzle screen.
4. Remove flat head screw on housing cover above handle. Also remove the screw at top of housing cover. (NOTE: Models without the “A” or “B” suffix will not have this screw). Cover can now be lifted away.
5. Remove pan head screw and rubber washer holding element to housing, being careful that rubber washer does not fall back into the housing.
6. Carefully lift element from the position exposing two (2) element nuts holding wire to elements. Remove nuts from element and disconnect wires.
TO INSTALL NEW ELEMENT
1. Attach element wires with new nuts furnished in replacement kits. Make sure they are tight for a good electrical connection.
2. Mount element with new element anchoring screw and rubber washer furnished in replacement kit. Rubber washer must be mounted between element and mounting boss on housing. Be sure not to over tighten.
3. Gently press element wires down under blower wheel to prevent rubbing during operation.
4. Discard all the old mica insulator sheets and replace with corrugated mica sheet supplied kit. Use only one corrugated mica sheet supplied in kit. Use only one corrugated sheet. Wrap mica insulator around element and attach housing cover.
5. Attach cover screws loosely.
6. Gently slide nozzle straight on, aligning ceramic element with front nozzle and three (3) rear nozzle screw holes. Slide nozzle shield over nozzle, lining up mounting holes. Install three (3) mounting screws loosely until started then tighten.
To purchase a replacement element kit visit our part’s and services section on our heat tools website.