There’s no way to put this lightly, shipping any item can be a huge headache, no matter its size. Knowing whether your item will make it to its destination and trusting the carrier or service not to damage or destroy it just adds to the stress, unless you take the appropriate precautions to prevent it.
You can increase the chances of your items arriving in one piece and in perfect condition if you know a bit more about the available technologies you can use, like using a heat gun to shrink wrap your belongings for fast and safe shipping.
- A heat gun (not a hair dryer)
- Shrink wrap
- Foam, tape, Styrofoam
How It’s Done:
Secure the item(s) you intend to ship either together, or to a solid surface.
Place foam, tape, or Styrofoam on corners to prevent damage. This is especially true for very fragile or sharp things.
Cover the entirety of the item with plastic that is UV protective, waterproof, and sturdy enough to withstand other elements that could cause damage.
Heat the shrink-wrapped item so that the item is secure. Your heat gun needs to be able to reach 300 degrees for optimum protection and wrapping.
Depending on the item or object, vents may need to be added for circulation and duration of shipment.
- Saving you money in the long run by preventing damage to products.
- Can be applied to any sized items quickly and cost-effectively.
- Easy to remove.
- All shrink wraps are recyclable and made from recyclable materials.
- Can be used on games, sporting goods, paper products, hardware and housewares, electronics, furniture, and everything in between (even boats!).
Learn more about Master Appliance and our selection of heat guns today.